How does online therapy work?
When working together on the platform, I have set up a framework for us to avoid any confusion and disruption. Up to an hour before our session, I will send you a link on the secured platform. When you have logged in, I will check all information and let you into the room. Everything that is discussed is confidential on in the room becomes After the session is over, I shut down the platform.
Practical tips to improve your sessions:
- Check your internet connection. If it is slow or choppy, it can be disruptive to the session. If necessary, check with your internet provider whether you have the right speed.
- Find a place where you can be undisturbed. I know finding time to be alone can be a challenge if you have a family, children, roommates etc. Try to arrange it so you can have an hour to yourself. It is best that your time is undisturbed so that all attention can be focused on you.
- Arrive a little before the agreed time. If there are technical problems, it is most efficient to have a few minutes to log in, set up sound, camera, etc.
- Be prepared that it may well feel different. It might feel strange to have to check your computer, adjust the camera, move around your table, and consider things that you never had to think about before.
- It can be tempting to think because it feels a little strange, that online therapy is not for you. But if you can keep an open line of communication with me, you might be surprised by your ability to adapt to the situation.
Can we meet face to face?
I work predominantly online. This is why I offer a great price and be flexible in regards to working at night and during the weekend. to certain times. If an emergency arises, it could be possible to be able to meet in person.
How often should we see each other?
I recommend that the interval between our sessions at most up to three weeks, and at the beginning of therapy, no more than two weeks. Therapy can feel challenging at times and you may want to put it off, but I recommend you to stick with your sessions as much as possible. We will be in continuous dialogue about therapy is going. Here, we can talk about which time frame is best for you.
What if I can’t make it to our session?
In the event that you cannot make it to our session, I can rebook our time at no charge if the cancellation is made 48 hours before the agreed time. Subsequently, 50 per centwill be refunded for your session. If you do not show up for our appointment, that is a 100% fee.
What if I am delayed?
If you will be delayed, please send a text or email. If I don’t hear from you I will wait 15 minutes and after that, our appointment is considered cancelled.
How can I contact you outside the sessions?
Our communication about practical things, such as agreements and payment can take place both after our session or via E-mail/SMS.
When will I finish the therapy?
As a starting point, it is important to discuss the end of the therapy together. There can be several circumstances that come into play in relation to when therapy comes to an end. If you have thoughts about ending therapy, I would recommend that you bring it up with me.